I can sense you’re judging me right now.
I know… just because I CAN do something doesn’t mean I SHOULD. I blame my whimsical inner child.
Banana bread is amazing. Moist, sweet, warm and dense. But you know what banana bread doesn’t have? Crunch. The cereal crumble adds a different texture that isn’t nuts (I am strongly anti-nuts in baked goods). The topping goes perfectly with the flavor profile of banana bread, while adding a nice crunch to every bite. I’m making myself hungry. Please hold while I go get myself a slice.
I’m back, and reconfirming that this is really good. There’s butter on my chin. I’d better get to the recipe before I cover my keyboard in grease.
- 3 very ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup canola or vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp milk
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups Cinnamon Toast Crunch
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease a loaf pan with oil or butter.
- Mash bananas in a large bowl. Add sugar, vanilla, oil, egg, and milk and combine.
- In a smaller separate bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
- Slowly incorporate the dry ingredients into the wet. Mix until it’s just combined.
- Crush cereal into pieces. The pieces don’t need to be finely crushed, just a little bit.
- Pour batter into loaf pan. Sprinkle crushed cereal over the top, and pat it into the batter lightly.
- Cover with aluminum foil and place in the oven for about 65 minutes. After 45 minutes, remove the aluminum foil so the top can brown. Use a toothpick to ensure it’s done after 65 minutes.
- Slather that ish in butter.