I’m an appetizer girl.
No, not a normal person who eats one appetizer and an entree. I am the person who orders 3 appetizers in lieu of a meal. Anytime I go out to eat I end up surrounded by plates with my pants unbuttoned. Sexy, I know.
Truthfully, I made this recipe because I’m so sick and tired of making normal food. I wanted an appetizer for dinner. My chicken thighs in the fridge screamed “SELL BY MAY 23RD” and it was the 22nd. So I did what I had to do. I made this killer, easy buffalo chicken dip for dinner. I’m sure my husband was not enthused because he’s a “meat and potatoes” kinda guy. He wisely refrained, and ate the dang dip for dinner 🙂
Jacob Quote: “It’s good, it’s just…. uh…. a lot of buffalo for dinner“
- 2-3 cups chopped chicken. I baked 4 chicken thighs & chopped them finely.
- 1 package cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup buffalo wing sauce
- 1/3 cup ranch dressing
- 2 cups shredded cheddar
Serve with: lettuce, celery, tortilla chips, pretzels.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease/spray a 9×9 baking dish.
- Prepare your chicken. I baked mine in the oven with salt & pepper. You can also use canned chicken, rotisserie chicken, or any other leftovers you have. Just make sure it’s shredded or chopped finely.
- In a large bowl, combine chicken, cream cheese, buffalo sauce, and ranch. Add in 1 cup of shredded cheddar.
- Pour it into the prepared baking dish & top with the remaining 1 cup of cheddar.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, until the cheese is melted.
Note: If you have leftovers, wrap the dip in tortillas, and bake at 350 for 10 minutes. Taquitos!