I know what you’re thinking. “This sounds gross. I’m not going to make this. Alli is stupid.”
Maybe you aren’t thinking that. But y’all, I have stumbled upon greatness (for once in my life) with this creation. My husband and I have such a major sweet tooth. We’re always reaching for ice cream or chocolate after dinner. And in quarantine… we gettin’ a lil thick. So this is a smarter dessert option for us – and it doesn’t even taste healthy. If you aren’t convinced yet, here are a few more reasons to make this:
- You get to throw it all in a blender.
- They are 150 calories per piece.
- It tastes like it’s gonna make you fat. But it won’t.
Ingredients – serves 9
- 1 15oz can chickpeas (drained & rinsed!)
- 3 tbsp almond milk
- 1 tbsp nut butter (I used PB2)
- 2 tbsp oil (any oil will work here, I used canola)
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup flour (I used all purpose, make it gluten free by using oat/almond flour)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp instant coffee
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line an 8×8 dish with parchment paper. Parchment works best, but you can grease it as well.
- Drain the chickpeas and rinse them well!
- Ready for this? Dump all the ingredients (including chocolate chips!) into a blender or food processor. Blend until it’s smooth.
- Pour and spread into 8×8 dish. Bake at 350 for 11 minutes. Let them cool & then put them in the fridge for at least 3 hours. Since they are very fudgy, they need to set up. Store these in the fridge!