I had a hot dog for lunch today. I know, I’m so gross. But I’m not feeling terrible about it, and you know why? It’s because I made myself a green juice to go along with it. There’s just something about juicing that makes me feel like I’m a fabulous Instagram influencer who posts about hair gummies for money.
So, I’m not a veggie girl. I don’t love most vegetables, so I don’t put them in my recipes often. To me, it’s so much easier to sip on a refreshing juice and get some vitamins that way. As an added bonus you can post it on Instagram so everyone knows you’re such a health goddess.
Tools (if you don’t have a juicer)
- a blender – I use a single serving blender for these recipes, but any will do
- a cheesecloth or fine mesh strainer – in an absolute pinch, you can try a few things. A linen dishcloth can work, or 2-3 layered coffee filters.
- 1 cup roughly chopped red cabbage
- 1 sweet red apple
- juice from 1 lemon
- 1 cup water
- 1 large carrot
- 1 large orange or 2 clementines
- 1 cup water
- 1-2 cups spinach
- 1 green apple
- 1-2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 cup watermelon
- 1 stalk celery
- 1/2 cup peeled cucumber
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1/2 cup water
- Chop all produce roughly, just enough so it fits in your blender. Add water/liquid.
- Strain over a pitcher or bowl using strainer or cheesecloth. If using a cheesecloth, squeeze with your hands to get all the juice.
- Add ice. Sometimes I top mind with some sparkling water to give it some fizz.
Bask in your health goddess glory, boo.