I had every intention of using this time at home to get healthy. To happily eat spinach salads and roll out the yoga mat for a home workout. To make smoothies, to do squats, to take supplements. In my head, I was going to strut out of quarantine with shiny hair, glowy skin, and a toned butt.
But here I am. Sitting on my ass. Writing another cookie recipe.
These are deliciously salty, sweet & buttery. I’m a big fan of a cookie with crisp edges and chewy middles. If you’re a scrub who likes soft cookies, get off my lawn (website). I’m mostly kidding, but let me educate you. Try these out. Eat them for breakfast with a side of green juice like I did this morning. Because, balance.
Ingredients – makes about 15 cookies
- 1 cup ( 2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 egg
- 2 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips (I used dark chocolate)
- 1 1/2 cups roughly chopped pretzels (I used Snyders Butter Snap because they are the superior pretzel, do not fight me on this)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter and sugars for a few minutes. If you have a KitchenAid, use it! If not, just use a rubber spatula.
- Add in vanilla & egg until combined.
- Slowly add flour, baking soda, and salt. I like to sift my dry ingredients, but if you don’t have a sifter, it’s absolutely fine.
- Mix in the chocolate chips & pretzels by hand. The KitchenAid will be too rough on the fragile lil pretzels, so it’s best to incorporate with a rubber spatula.
- Roll about 2 tablespoons of the dough into a ball and place on an ungreased baking sheet. These will be fairly large cookies, so give them room to spread.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, until the edges are crisp.