Hello, my quarantined friends.
I don’t know about you, but I was planning on using this extra time wisely. Now that I’m working from home, I had planned to work out, eat healthy, clean my house etc.
YEAH. THAT HAS NOT PANNED OUT. I have only consumed iced coffee and carbohydrates for weeks, and watched The Office for the 67th time. However, I did learn a new skill! I finally broke out my pasta maker that I got for my wedding 2.5 years ago. I made homemade fettuccine noodles, and they actually turned out great. And with fettuccine must come alfredo, so this recipe was born. Simple, cheap, creamy, and cheesy. The best kind of recipe.
Apologies in advance for the 3 lb weight gain.
Ingredients (serves 2-3)
- 1/2 box fettuccine noodles (usual size is 16oz)
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp garlic powder (this is what I had, fresh garlic works too!)
- 1 1/4 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup finely grated parmesan
- Cook fettuccine noodles according to package instructions.
- While they cook, melt butter in a large pan over medium heat.
- Once melted, add garlic powder and stir until it browns a bit. This step is the same if you’re using fresh garlic.
- Pour in heavy cream. Let it simmer over medium heat for a few minutes to thicken, stirring occasionally.
- Remove the pan from heat. Stir in grated parmesan. Fresh parmesan is better, as pre-shredded is preserved and melts slower.
- At this point, taste your sauce. I added about 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp black pepper.
- Dump the cooked fettuccine noodles in the sauce. Toss & serve.