Cheese will always be my first love. And I mean true, dedicated, bloat-myself-for-weeks love. You’ll find me at ANY restaurant asking for a cheese board instead of a meal. When I’m feeling snacky, I will literally eat chunks of straight-up parmesan. When my body betrayed me by making me lactose intolerant I built Lactaid pills into my weekly grocery budget. Have I convinced you of my commitment?
This recipe is perfect if you’re a fellow cheese-lover. It’s absolutely terrible for you. With 3 different cheeses, plus an alfredo sauce, this is not diet food. It’s happy food. But let’s be real – life is too short to not eat cheese wrapped in pasta.
- 1 box jumbo pasta shells (you need about 30 shells)
- 2 cups shredded chicken
- 1 15oz package ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded/grated parmesan
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella, divided
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp italian seasoning
- 1 jar alfredo sauce
- Cook jumbo pasta shells. Boil them a minute or two less than the box says, as they’ll cook more in the oven
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine shredded chicken, ricotta, parmesan, 1/2 cup of mozzarella, egg, salt, pepper, and italian seasoning. Ensure it’s well-mixed.
- Spread half the jar of alfredo sauce on the bottom of a 9×13 casserole dish.
- Using a spoon, scoop a few tablespoons of the mixture into each jumbo pasta shell, and line up in the casserole dish. Repeat until the casserole dish is full. I used about 30 shells.
- Top the shells with the remaining alfredo sauce and leftover 1 cup of mozzarella.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.