I hate to get serious. But I feel the need to bring light to an important topic. It’s the war on noodles. When did noodles become the pariah of the carb world? It’s not fair, and I am here to fight for noodles. A worthy cause.
Lately, when I bring in pasta for lunch I get comments like “Oh, wow pasta! Cheat day?” Um, excuse you LINDA, this will keep me full for hours. ENJOY YOUR PLAIN CHICKEN AND ASPARAGUS.
Don’t even get me started on that zoodle bullshit.
I will digress & get to the recipe. This is filling, delicious, and fairly healthy, as long as you don’t eat the entire thing at once. The recipe is simple because this is what I had in my fridge – you can feel free to add meat, eggs, and any veggies you prefer. You can also just eat the noodles & sauce. Live yo life, girl.
- 3 packages yakisoba or ramen noodles, seasonings discarded
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cabbage (1/3 cabbage head)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded carrots (2 large carrots)
- 1/2 cup onion, sliced thin
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 2 tbsp ketchup
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp sriracha (optional)
- Combine all sauce ingredients & set aside
- In a large skillet, pour in the water & all your vegetables. You can also cook in oil – I choose not to, because it doesn’t make a difference flavor-wise. Cook down a few minutes until veggies get soft over medium heat.
- Cook noodles (without seasoning!) separately according to package instructions. Drain.
- Add noodles into the pan with veggies & mix with tongs to incorporate.
- Pour in the sauce, and coat all the noodles & veggies.
- Let everything cook for a few more minutes, then serve hot.