Quick story about this recipe.
One day I ate this stromboli for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. I am not kidding. Every meal. I am not only sassy, broke, and hungry – I’m also lazy and bad at being an adult. What is wrong with me? HUMANS NEED FIBER. Needless to say, I felt like a human pile of garbage at the end of the day.
So, this is a great recipe for lazy people. It’s also pretty perfect for anyone with a semi-functioning brain, because it’s so easy & has very few ingredients. If you buy pizza crust instead of making it, it’s even easier. I made my own dough so that I can feel superior to others, but store bought is just fine. (judges you silently)
Dough (you can also buy any pre-made pizza dough)
- 2 cups flour
- 3/4 teaspoon instant yeast
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup warm water
- 2 1/2 cups sharp cheddar cheese
- 7 oz (about a package worth) honey ham
- 1/4 cup honey mustard
- 1 egg
- In a stand mixer using the paddle attachment, combine flour, instant yeast, and salt. Add in lukewarm water. Let the mixer go for a minute or two until the dough is soft and sticky
- Spray a bowl with Pam. Transfer dough ball into that bowl and cover with a kitchen towel or plastic wrap. Let it rise for 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Transfer dough onto floured surface. Roll out into a long rectangle shape. It should be a long strip of dough, but wide enough to fit your filling.
- Brush the dough with honey mustard. Cover with ham, and top with shredded cheese.
- Starting on one end, roll the dough up with the fillings. Pinch the crease to decrease spillage!
- Crack egg into a small bowl & whisk. Brush egg wash onto the roll.
- Place stromboli onto baking sheet & bake for 18-20 minutes.
- Cut into pieces & serve. You can refrigerate this all week, and cut pieces to take with you for lunch or breakfast.
Just don’t eat it for every meal. You’ve been warned.