One day I turned 23 and my metabolism said “eff you,” then promptly abandoned me. I gained 35 pounds in a year & a half. So that was fun. The best part was being asked if I was pregnant. all. the. time.
Over time, that got old and I needed to get healthier. Long story short, I tracked my calories & lost SOME of the weight. Still a lil’ thick though. This recipe was a huge help to me because it feels super indulgent, but comes out to about 200 calories per enchilada. Not too shabby for meat wrapped in carbs & covered in cheese.
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 can black beans
- 1/2 can corn
- 2 10oz cans red enchilada sauce
- 2 tbsp taco sauce (I used mild)
- 8 Carb Balance Fajita Flour Tortillas (keep in mind these are fairly small)
- 3.5 oz shredded cheddar cheese (around a cup)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Put ground turkey in a pan over medium heat & start breaking it into small pieces
- Once turkey is halfway cooked (still some pink) add in the onion & garlic powder, cumin, chili powder, and salt. If your turkey is sticking to the pan, add a bit of water or oil.
- Once the turkey is cooked through, add half a can of enchilada sauce & taco sauce.
- Stir in beans & corn (save the leftovers of beans & corn to add to a salad or rice).
- Turn the heat to low & let it simmer for a bit.
- Use the remaining open can of enchilada sauce to spread onto the bottom of a 9×13 casserole dish.
- Spoon 1/8th of your turkey mixture into each tortilla. Wrap, and place it crease side down in the pan. Repeat for all tortillas.
- Open your other can of enchilada sauce. Make it rain (pour it over your tortillas.)
- Top with shredded cheese.
- Place in preheated oven & bake for 18-20 minutes.