Sometimes I just need a compliment. Well, all the time I need a compliment. Feed me affirmation & french fries pls. What does my need for compliments have to do with this recipe? I’m so glad you (I) asked.
Make this bread and everyone will tell you how amazing you are. It’s foolproof. When I’m feeling chubby & unloveable, I make a loaf of this bread and bring it to work. Then everyone loves me and all is right with the world. Do I need therapy? Oh, for sure. But we don’t need to talk about that. I just need to tell you how to make this compliment bread. Y’all ready?
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 apples, diced finely
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine flour, baking powder, and salt in a small bowl.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together white sugar and butter until smooth. This is easiest in a stand mixer if you have one.
- Add in eggs, vanilla, and milk.
- Slowly incorporate flour mixture into the butter & sugar mix. Add half the diced apple to the batter, and stir until combined.
- Pour half the batter into a sprayed 9×5 loaf pan.
- Combine the brown sugar and cinnamon, and sprinkle half in the middle of the loaf. Pour the rest of the batter on top.
- Cover the top of the loaf with the remaining diced apples and cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Bake for 50 minute or until toothpick/knife inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let it cool for at least 30 minutes! If you cut it up when it’s hot, it will fall apart, rendering it UNABLE TO INSTAGRAM. Can’t have that.